torsdag 16 juli 2009

Knitting with an edge

I'm not very good with my hands. I'm extremely predominantly right-handed and clumsy by nature. So much so that when I still lived with my parents, I had knife- and scissors restrictions (yet I have 3 scars on my hands and I always have at least one cut).

I don't like to sew, I do it when I have to, like when clothes I buy are too long (always) or when I need to mend something. But I've always been fascinated by knitting. It seems like such a zen-thing to do, watching my grandmother whip up socks, sweaters and hats while still having conversations with my grandfather made it seem like it was a breeze.
Of course it isn't, the only thing I've ever knitted was a hat and it had more holes than a Swiss cheese. But when I come across things like these, I get inspired once more:

Tea! Tea and knitting! What could possibly go wrong? With both patterns and recipes, Knitting and Tea: 25 Classic Knits and the Teas That Inspired Them is a winner.

And when you feel less like a good girl (or boy) Pints and Purls: Portable Projects for the Social Knitter rates the difficulty of the patterns after "can be knitted after one drink", "can be knitted after a few drink" or "can be knitted after one too many" (that would be my level).

Did she feel the beat that stirs,
the fall from grace of wayward girls?
Was she tempted to pretend,
the love and laughter, 'til the end?
-Photograph

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar